Friday, January 27, 2017

Have a SCRAPINDIPITY Birthday

Greetings crafty friends. LeeAnn here and I am having fun with this little guy. I chose for my project this month the Happy Birthday Bear. Two important people in my life have birthdays this week, my mother in law on the 25th and my precious aunt on the 30th. So I felt this little guy was the perfect to use to celebrate.

Happy Birthday Bear

For my project, the first thing I did was print the bear and cut her out using my Scan N Cut. I then used my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers in Brown, Oatmeal, and Mustard to color the bear. I used Grey on the bottom of the paws and Pink for the tongue. The candle was colored with Cobalt Blue and the flame has a touch of Florescent Yellow and Orange. For the Happy Birthday die cut, I cut it out, then ran the pieces through my Xyron X to make it adhere to the base. THEN, I arrived at the part where I was going to have fun.
I laid the images on the base where I wanted the bear and flame to be and made pencil marks so I knew my parameters I had to work within. I used my Chibitronic's intro kit and ran two lines of copper conductive tape from where I wanted the battery to where I wanted the light to complete a circuit. The battery is a CR2032 and the light is a little LED sticker and the outcome is amazing. Once I was sure the pieces were where the needed to be, I used 3L foam dots to give some dimension, and allow clearance so the battery wasn't live all the time. This is the outcome.



When you tickle little bear's belly, the candle lights up. 

I hope you have enjoyed my project, please check back the 27th of every month for my next Scrapndipity update. 


3 comments:

  1. A light-up card?! How cool is that!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO super sweet LeeAnn! I love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How fun! Love the flaming candle and adorable bear. xxD

    ReplyDelete