Monday, May 8, 2017

Quick Quotes Mothers Day 2017

Greetings friends and fellow crafters. Bear with me please as this is always a hard time of year for me. Not only is it Mothers Day this coming Sunday (14th) but the 12th would have also been my mom's 72nd birthday.

When coming up with a project for this post, I decided to use a photo from my last visit to the cemetery, and if I am able to visit again this weekend it will go with me, along with a card I made last month.

For this project, I used papers and a quote from the Mulberry collection, and I was also able to use my wonderful Canon Selphy printer. I really am getting a lot of use out of this little machine. I printed my photo on a 2.5" x 3.5" sticker stock.

First I did was decide the paper pack I wanted, and since my mom loved the color blue most of all, I decided on the Mulberry pack. I also fondly remember a pair pants she wore quite a bit when I was young that were stripped, so it only seemed right to use the stripped paper as my background. I then pulled a blue page and a gold page to work as my matting for the photo and quote.

The quote I used states "I love thee with the breath... smiles... and tears of all my life!". This is so true, and often times I think about what she would think of how things are changing and it makes me smile, laugh and at times cry thinking about her missing the joy I am feeling.

I hope you have enjoyed this project. Please make sure to come back tomorrow to see the next project our design team has in store for you.

QQ Products Used:
Mulberry QQP-MB100, 103 and 105
Mulberry Quotes & Phrases QQP-MB600
Canon Selphy CP1200

0 comments:

Post a Comment